Tuesday, November 27, 2012

"Salaam" By Sami Yusuf, The Album Your Soul Needs


The time for worthy messengers has been done for some times now. But Sami Yusuf is helping good the good word out to all those who would listen. Taking his message to the world and back in more tongues than more can count. Making good music that appeals to Muslims and people of other faiths. While we all love the message and the positive energy this class act performer brings into the world, I want to talk about his music.

A good song usually means that one can actually relate to it, not to mention listen to it without my ears bleeding to be blunt. It also needs to have a semi-catchy beat, so I'm actually paying attention. Sami always delivers in this sense. His catch music has crossed cultures, boundaries and languages. He changes notes and wears different hats to match the style of any given song.

As for the blending of words, I've kind of picked up on just depicting them as I go along, so that's not really a problem. I do not mind the various languages Sami Yusuf performs in. I think it's kind of enriching.  I guess I'd like the songs to be in a familiar language just so I can understand them, but I would still give it a shot if it was in a different language. Overall, a good song is just one that I listen to and want to get stuck in my head. Sami will live in your head through his rocking music and spiritually uplifting lyrics.

This is a huge album with 16 tracks of different songs, each with its own story and style to tell. But overall, the album is marinated with hope and joy.

Sami Yusuf's "Salaam" Album is well-organized, with a beginning, run, chorus, etc. Mostly mellow tracks about personal struggles and seeing injustice all around. However, some of the "screamo" rock songs they make are so fast and you can't tell when the chorus begins and where it ended, and it all melds together. I guess you can't blame Sami, his fans are spread in all corners of the earth and at times. feeling invincible is not a shame.

01.HAPPINESS
02.SALAAM 
03.SMILE
04.THE SOURCE
05.DRYER LAND (FEAT. USTADH BABAK RADMANESH)
06.IT'S A GAME
07.TO GUIDE YOU HOME
08.FORGOTTEN PROMISES
09.ALA BI DHIKRIKA
10.I'M YOUR HOPE
11.ALL I NEED
12.HEAR YOUR CALL 
13.YOU CAME TO ME (FEAT. DATO' SITI NURHALIZA) (SEA only)
14.WHEREVER YOU ARE (ACOUSTIC - ARABIC)
15.WITHOUT YOU (ACOUSTIC - ARABIC)
16.TO GUIDE YOU HOME (INSTRUMENTAL) 

Sami Yusuf - Salaam (Album Trailer)

Sami Yusuf - Salaam | Official Lyrics Video -النسخة العربية the arabic version 2012)

0 comments:

Post a Comment