Sunday, April 24, 2011

For the Crooks in Egypt



Again, the indie band makes waves again in Egypt by mocking the former Egyptian president, his sons and their regime. Taxi band goes after these guys by all tools, their lines are funny and true. Listening to the lyrics, I do not believe I am somewhere in Arabia.

This kind of songs is common here in the States, but still the people back home are not used to mocking someone for the past 30 years have been considered holy. I am not surprised than many are offended by the harsh and mockery of words used in those songs. Again, I think Taxi has a winner song and it's important to note that while we might not agree with each word in the song, but they have the right to write and perform those songs.

But, I gotta say, they guys in the band deliver the song as a stand up comedy routine and do it in such a humorous way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment